If you are hearing acne face wash with benzoyl peroxide for the first time, you would be curious to know what benzoyl peroxide is.
Benzoyl peroxide is an organic compound used as a medicine to treat face acne. It comes in different form. For example, a component of lotion, gels, soap and other liquids.
How does Benzoyl peroxide treat face acne?
Benzoyl peroxide stops bacteria growth on face. It also unclogs the facial pores. It is important to know that it is not a quick fix, it may take 3 to 4 weeks to improve from face acne. Before you improve, Benzoyl peroxide may cause irritations to your skin. Your skin may get red. Then, skin gets used to it. Then, gradually it starts giving better results.
Who should not use Benzoyl peroxide?
Children who are younger than 12 should not use this product without prescription of the doctor.
Is there any side effects of using acne face wash with Benzoyl peroxide?
For some people, Benzoyl peroxide works great. While for other it may cause side effect including:
- Dry and red face
- Blisters and swellings
- Burning feelings
- skin rashes
From where can I get Benzoyl peroxide?
You can buy products from medical stores containing some proportion of Benzoyl peroxide. If you are trying it for the first time, I recommend choosing less strength product. Afterward, your skin would get used to it. Then, you can go on increasing strength range of the Benzoyl peroxide. For the face, acne strength range from 2.5% to 10% of Benzoyl peroxide is good.
What are natural sources of Benzoyl peroxide to use for acne face wash?
Studies have shown that Benzoyl peroxide and Salicylic acid are effective for treating face acne. Some natural sources of both these products are:
- Honey is good for using on face. It does not allow bacterial growth, as well as keeps skin, moisturized.
- Salad leaves are effective acne fighting food.
- Lemon juice applying on face works well; by killing bacteria. It also helps remove the black spot.
- Orange juice; works as lemon juice.
- Cucumber gives soothe to face and helps against pimples.
- Tomato can also be applied for healing the bumps on face.
What causes face acne?
There are many reasons for face acne. Hormonal changes, stress, and some medications are main causes. In some cases, it may be linked to other conditions. You can figure out causes of your acne by visiting a dermatologist.
Face wash products with Benzoyl peroxide
The following product can do well to your problem:
Cleaners clean the dirt, dust, makeup, and pollution. In other words, it minimizes the chances of bacterial growth on face.
Creams and Lotions
Cream and lotions can reduce the wrinkles on the face. Lotion with Benzoyl peroxide can be more useful. Product with sulfur can be good for blackheads treatment.
Some cosmetics containing Salicylic acid also fights acne. They don’t work in clogging pores. Only they don’t allow break out.
Some medications may control hormones and can be helpful in fighting acne.
Daily skin care to fight with acne
- Wash your face using acne face wash with Benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid can be used as an alternative if benzoyl peroxide causes side effects.
- At night use, sulfur containing cream on the face only on affected areas.
- Use some light skin moisturizer
- Keep a clean washcloth each you wash your face, use it instead of hands